The SAY YES MODEL was created because I wanted a solution to a big problem I was seeing, and experiencing…. busy women (especially Mummas) not SAYING YES to themselves or their health REGULARLY.
Based on the HEALTH TRIANGLE the SAY YES MODEL encompasses NINE KEY ELEMENTS I believe are crucial to helping busy women create and maintain CONSISTENCY and BALANCE with their health habits. Over the past 10+ years I’ve found busy women typically have ok strategies in place for 2 or 3 of the key elements, but often neglect, forget or even don’t realise the importance of the other 6 to 7 elements. Our programs and services are based around finding a happy, healthy balance of all NINE KEY ELEMENTS.
BODY (aka PHYSICAL health)
1. Movement: Finding the joy in movement; Looking for as many opportunities for movement throughout your every day as you can; Functional strength training; “This still counts” mantra.
2. Nutrition: Aiming for lots of variety; Nourishing for body mind and spirit; Menu planing and meal prep; Seeing food as more than ‘just calories’;
3. Saying yes to rest: Developing a more positive movement mindset: “learn to rest, not quit” / “this still counts” / “some is better than none”; Practicing good sleep hygiene habits; Recognising early signs of stress and exhaustion to prevent burnout; Learning to listen to your body and choose movement (or modify your movement) to better match your mood or energy levels; The importance of taking a break from routine every now and again; Practicing good exercise recovery habits.
MIND (aka MENTAL health)
4. Relationship with health and fitness: Positive: Empowering; Inclusive; Celebrating body diversity; Ditching diet culture; Embracing the messy; “Real not perfect” mantra
5. Saying Yes to Adventure: Stepping out of your comfort zone from time to time; Learning new skills; Trying new recipes; Getting active in the great outdoors; Understanding the important of both routine AND variety in your life.
6. Self Compassion: Practicing both tender AND fierce self compassion; Tender meaning accepting of ourselves; Fierce meaning taking action for ourselves and our health (including Saying yes to support).
COMMUNITY (aka SOCIAL health)
7. Group Fitness Community: Building positive connections and relationships with likeminded women; Getting out of your house and interacting in real world places.
8. Online Community: Embracing technology in a positive and healthy way
9. Local Community: Engaging with, feeling supported by and giving back to the local community.