THE SAY YES MODEL was created because I wanted a solution to some big problems I was seeing busy women (especially Mammas) experience….
- Hating exercise or feeling intimidated by fitness
- Struggling to find the time and/or energy to exercise regularly
- Being disheartened by diets & overwhelmed by nutrition
- Lacking confidence and being super self critical
- Attributing worth to health behaviours and/or body aesthetics
- Feeling disconnected, excluded or alone
Based on the HEALTH TRIANGLE the SAY YES MODEL encompasses NINE KEY ELEMENTS I believe are crucial to helping busy women (especially Mammas) SAY YES to living a balanced, happy and healthy life. Our services and programs are based around finding a happy, healthy balance of all NINE KEY ELEMENTS.
BODY (aka PHYSICAL health)
1. Movement: is all about how we move our bodies and includes: Finding the joy in movement; Looking for as many opportunities for movement throughout your every day as you can; Functional strength training; Embracing the 10min at home workout; “This still counts” mantra.
2. Nutrition: Is all about how we fuel and nourish our bodies and includes: Add vegetables at every opportunity; Fibre boosting whole grains; Lean protein with every meal; 2L of water a day; Aiming for lots of variety; Eating regularly; Sitting down to eat; Treating snacks as mini meals; Menu planing and meal prep; Aiming for consistency not perfection; Seeing food as more than ‘just calories’;
3. Saying yes to rest: Is all about rest, recovery & sleep and involves: Developing more positive mindsets of “learn to rest, not quit” / “this still counts” / “some is better than none”; Practicing good sleep hygiene habits; Recognising early signs of stress and exhaustion to prevent burnout; Learning to listen to your body and choose movement (or modify your movement) to better match your mood or energy levels; The importance of taking a break from routine every now and again; Practicing good exercise recovery habits.
MIND (aka MENTAL health)
4. Relationship with health and fitness: Positive: Empowering; Inclusive; Celebrating body diversity; Ditching diet culture; Embracing the messy; “Real not perfect” mantra.
5. Saying Yes to Adventure: Stepping out of your comfort zone from time to time; Learning new skills; Trying new recipes; Getting active in the great outdoors; Understanding the important of both routine AND variety in your life.
6. Self Compassion: Harnessing the power of ‘being kind to yourself’ to thrive; Practicing both tender AND fierce self compassion (ie. Tender meaning accepting of ourselves; Fierce meaning taking action for ourselves and our health)
COMMUNITY (aka SOCIAL health)
7. Group Fitness Community: Building positive connections and relationships with likeminded women that inspire, encourage and support positive health behaviours; Getting out of your house and interacting in real world places.
8. Online Community: Using technology to strengthen health behaviours (ie. Embracing technology in a positive and healthy way)
9. Local Community: Feeling safe, valued, engaged and connected in our local community; Giving back to the local community.
READY TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND SAY YES TO YOURSELF?