I love using the weeks we’re closed to remind our community (self included) of the importance of saying yes to rest.
Saying Yes to Rest involves things like:
- Taking a break from routine every now and again
- Fostering a positive relationship health and rest (ie. Embracing mindsets like “give yourself self permission to rest” and “this still counts”. Ditching mindsets like “all or nothing” and “no excuses”)
- Practicing good sleep hygiene habits
- Managing stress and recognising early signs of exhaustion to prevent burnout (ie. ditching “hustle culture”)
- Learning to listen to your body and choose movement (or modify your movement) to better match your mood or energy levels
- Practicing good exercise recovery habits.
So during weeks like this, when our timetable of classes is closed, we encourage our community to set themselves RESTFUL INTENTIONS… meaning, writing down (and/or sharing in our online community group) one or two #SAYYESTOREST
actions or behaviours they are going to do over the week(s).
- Swap my usual 30min cardio workout on Tuesday for a walk and talk catch up with couple girlfriends on Saturday morning
- Swap before bed scrolling for pre-bed reading on Tuesday and Thursday night
- Mindful colouring in after the kids are in bed on Wednesday night
Intention Setting Tip
People who make specific plans for when/where they will perform an action are more likely to follow through. Don’t leave it to chance and hope that you’ll remember or ‘just do it’
How do you SAY YES TO REST? I’d love to know your fav ways and go-tos.