I don’t think there’s a Mamma out there who hasn’t experienced guilt at some point in their parenting journey.
It kinda comes with ‘the job’.
Doesn’t really matter what you do.
There will be feelings of guilt at some point(s) along the way.
Talking down to ourselves.
Wondering if we’re ‘doing it right’.
Thinking everyone else has their ’sh*t’ together whilst you’re in struggle juggle town.
Guilt can steal too much of our lives, if we let it.
…it’s that feeling of guilt that stops us making time for ourselves
…stops us saying yes to ourselves.
So what’s the ‘better’ way?
But self compassion or self kindness is something many of us have struggled with since becoming a mum…
If this is resonating with you, try these tips to build your self compassion:
- Acknowledge your feelings
- Celebrate your small wins (in this moment, honour what you’ve achieved so far)
- Don’t compare yourself to others (we are on our own journey)
- Do something you enjoy
- Unfollow accounts that make you feel shitty
- Speak kinder to yourself (more tips on this coming soon)
- Remind yourself you are worthy and you are enough
- Find a likeminded group of women that understand and encourage self compassion in your parenting journey (hi, that’s us!)
READY TO SAY YES TO YOURSELF AND YOUR HEALTH? OUR TRIAL PACK IS A GREAT PLACE TO START.