What a ride this year has been so far hey?! All the self isolating, social distancing, COVID closures, working from home and constant change has been surreal, strange, overwhelming, frustrating, scary and slow. But whilst restrictions have began to ease in WA, things aren’t exactly ‘going back’ to the way we were before.
The world has changed…
Life has changed…
We have changed…
We have changed by creating a HYBRID health and fitness service. That being, a mix of TIMETABLED group fitness classes and ONLINE workout options! And amidst all the uncertainty of whats to come – NOW is the time to minimise the challenges, and embrace the benefits of ONLINE exercise!
3 CHALLENGES to overcome
- Lack of motivation: The physical act of leaving your house to go and do a workout, is often the ACTION require to help ignite our MOTIVATION (ie. action leads to motivation – not the other way around). Without this important action step, we can struggle to feel motivated to ‘just do it’ on our own, at home. Plus, that friendly and knowledgable trainer who encourages and guides you at classes isn’t there in the flesh to help pump you up, keep you focused or push you that little more when working out at home.
- Craving connection: Many women have told us they prefer in-person classes to online workouts because they are looking for MORE than ‘just’ a workout…. they also crave connection and community! And research kinda backs us on this! Sharing your goals and progress with others helps motivate you to stick to them; and women in particular are less likely to skip their workouts when a friend is ‘joining’ them. We are social beings after all – we want to connect and engage with other like minded women!
- Injury risk: Working out on your own at home can present a few differences in your training – for example, the surface you workout on could be harder, softer, or more uneven; And the the trainer who usually keeps an eye on your form, isn’t there to subtly correct it. These minor differences can actually add up over time and cause discomfort, pain or even injury.
3 BENEFITS to embrace
- Convenience and choice! Say Yes Online workouts can be done at a time and location of your choosing; At an intensity of your choosing; And for a duration of your choosing!! Can’t fit that STRONG class into your busy working week? Now you can opt for a more convenient STRONG workout in the comfort of your your home!
- Affordability! Say Yes Online costs much less than our timetabled classes – Just $99 for 12 months access in fact! Can’t afford to attend 3+ classes a week? Now you can opt for two in person classes and multiple online workouts each week!
- Variety! Say Yes Online gives you access to a variety our instructors and workout styles/types – cardio, strength, pilates, yoga, boxing and more! Can’t get to the timetabled pilates (aka BEAUTIFUL) class? Now you can opt to do one at anytime that suits you!
3 TIPS to help you embrace the BENEFITS and minimise the CHALLENGES
- Treat online as a compliment to in person training efforts! I truly believe we need to make getting out of the house to move with like minded people in real world spaces (especially OUTDOOR spaces) our PRIORITY…. so ONLINE exercise the compliment! When you can’t get to as many in person classes as you’d like, or the kids get sick, or a forced shutdown occurs, or you go away for work, or all the social functions land in the same week…. ONLINE to the rescue baby!
- Seek support! Providing personalised support has always been important to us so integrating this into our online services was a given! You can post questions in the private facebook group, drop us an email, tee up a time to chat over the phone or we can chat before/after timetabled classes. Having a real person to talk to and individualised advice available can seriously help minimise all three challenges mentioned above!
- Engage online in a way that suits your needs! Our private facebook group is whatever you make of it. A convenient exercise library for you to refer to as needed; a place you can safely ask questions and seek clarification; a community you can chat with, get support from and celebrate with! It’s totally up to you how you engage (or don’t engage) online. No one way is the ‘right’ way – just know, how you use it, definitely impacts on your experience with it!
3 TIPS especially for Mummas
- Embrace the messiness! It ain’t easy to find the time, energy, or drive to exercise when you have to do it with kids around. Stopping for cuddles, handing out snacks mid workout, giving up your exercise mat is (unfortunately) all part of it… don’t fight it Mumma – embrace the messiness!
- Check your expectations! 45min uninterrupted workout? What about a 30min workout with a couple of interruptions? Or multiple 10min workouts over the day?
- Swap those negative thoughts for more positive ones! “When I move my body I’m setting a good example for my babe” or “All these small bouts of exercise add up over the week”)
Got a question about our TIMETABLED classes or ONLINE training options? Need a little assistance understanding the tech side of things? Want some support getting started, or building a HYBRID workout routine that works for you? Get in touch and let’s chat some more!
Ready to SAY YES to more of what you love in life? Get started with 5 class passes and a one-on-one consult for just $25.